Unsettled, unsure feelings wafting in and taking me by surprise.
Cracking me open, exposing my vulnerabilities
Exposing elements of me wanting and ready to be explored. Preparation for change and growth.
It is not all easy I have felt scared and very unsure.
I have had times when I want to withdraw. Silent as I ponder a thought and fully absorb a feeling.
Questioning myself, my motives, my direction, my intuition.
Unsure of what I am doing and who I am.
Questioning, questioning, searching, searching for new direction.
Life beginning to appear complicated.
Most recently I have been questioning my skill sets, you know those career ones. The qualifications, the work history, my ability to earn a crust.
Questioning the decision to allow my career to fall dormant for 9 years and the effect it has on my future.
Then it came, the Moment when I decided to list those skills, yes write them down, a record, proof of what?? What I do have?
I scribbled down the obvious, the skills I gained in my paid jobs, the jobs you write on that line that says occupation.
There is more to me, I dug deeper.
- Oh yes the work I do supporting my hubby’s business
- The Diploma I received 2 years ago.
- The thousands of dollars in book orders I organise and process for the school each year.
- How could I forget all I have learned designing and building this website.
- The online marketing
- The writing in this space and the passion, dedication required for each and every post.
- The house I manage, the bills, the shopping, the notices, the schedules, the deadlines……the seemingly effortless juggling
The skills, yes the skills I have been gaining these past 9 years.
It was if I had placed new glasses on and could see a new vibrant and exciting future.
I have skills, relevant new age skills. I have career prospects. I have not been dormant at all.
This discovery, this revelation after my countless hours of worry and uncertainty has added a spring to my step, a confidence beyond imagining, I feel worthwhile, I feel valuable and that is nothing short of Bliss.
Ever feel like you have fallen behind, off the radar, become unmarketable? Grab a pen and paper and begin to list your skills. All of them. You may be surprised I tell you I was.